“You Deserve It” Pumpkin Spice Latté
It’s dangerously easy and faster to make your own Pumpkin Spice Latté than waiting in the drive-thru. Reward yourself every day while saving TONS!
PRO TIP: Whole milk works best to get a frothy latte. 2% milk will froth nicely but simply won’t taste as creamy as whole milk.
• 1 cup water
• 2 tbsp. canned pumpkin purée
• 2 tbsp. brown sugar
• 1 tbsp. maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice, plus more for garnish
• 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1/4 c. hot espresso or coffee
Optional: Dollop of whipped cream for added rich garnish
EASY PUMPKIN SPICE
• 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Mix all ingredients. Store in an airtight container or spice jar.
Stays fresh for up to 6 months!
1. Brew coffee or expresso. Set aside, keeping it warm.
2. Over low heat in a medium saucepan mix water, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is warmed. Remove from heat.
3. In a separate saucepan, warm milk until it’s at a high simmer.
Remove from heat. Use a milk frother to wisk warmed milk until frothy.
It WILL froth up fast, so be careful!
1. Pour hot espresso or coffee into a tall mug.
2. Pour in pumpkin-spice mixture on top of coffee.
3. Top with frothed milk. Garnish with a couple shakes of pumpkin spice.
To go all out and reward yourself, top with whipped cream and more pumpkin spice. DEES-LISH!