OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE WEEKLY TOP 40 CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
- Introduction: Any person (an “Entrant” or “You/Your”) who desires to enter this Weekly Top 40 Challenge Contest (the “Challenge”), hosted by Rick Dees of the Weekly Top 40 Show (the “Show”) and sponsored by Dees Entertainment, Inc. (“Dees”) and various participating company sponsors (“Participating Sponsor(s)”) (collectively referred to as the “Sponsors”), may participate either as an Entrant (“Entrant”), and by entering, You agree to these rules (the “Official Rules”), as follows. The Official Rules and other information about the Challenge shall be posted on the website www.rick.com.
- Entry Requirements: Periodically, at random intervals throughout the Term, as defined below, host Rick Dees or a guest host will feature a Challenge drawing on the Weekly Top 40 with a Participating Sponsor. In order to participate in this drawing, the Challenge Entrant must register and enter the Sweepstakes before 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on the Sunday following the time that Rick Dees or a guest host makes the announcement of the drawing on the air (the “Registration and Entry Time Period”). Any entries not received within this time period will not be included in this drawing or future drawings. You may register and enter this drawing by Submitting an Online Entry. Access the online entry form at https://rick.com via desktop or mobile device and follow all instructions to complete the online entry form, including providing your name, address, city, state, zip code, email address, and contact phone numbers (including area codes). Entries limited to one entry per person per day. Subsequent entries from a person or e-mail address on any single day will not be eligible for prizes. Only one (1) entry for each drawing of the Challenge is allowed.
- General Winner Information, Notification, and Verification: The odds of winning for the Challenge will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for that particular drawing, and the winner will be selected from all eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email. NON-WINNING ENTRIES WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT OR FUTURE DRAWINGS OF THE CHALLENGE. YOU MUST REGISTER AND ENTER EACH CHALLENGE SEPARATELYAS OUTLINED ABOVE, IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE.
All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Potential winners will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release and a federal and state tax release, and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of the date of issuance of notification. A potential winner that does not comply with any term of the Official Rules or Dees’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period will result in such potential winner being disqualified, and at Dees’s discretion, an alternate winner may be chosen from the drawing.
- Eligibility: An Entrant must be a legal resident of the United States, including the District of Columbia, and must be thirteen (13) years or older. Individuals who have won a prize from the Sponsors, Rick Dees or https://rick.com within 180 days (6 months) prior to the start date of this Challenge are NOT eligible to participate. For Challenge Entrants, the Sweepstakes is void in foreign countries and U.S. Military bases in foreign countries where prohibited.
Employees of the Sponsors and members of the immediate family (defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children. and grandchildren) or the same household of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign Dees’s release form to claim the Prize, as defined below. A parent or legal guardian of any participant who is a minor, which means that the participant is at least thirteen (13), but not yet eighteen (18) years old, must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a Prize. The Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Term of Challenge Contest: The term of each Challenge (collectively referred to as the “Term”) begins at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time from launch of the new Contest and concludes at 11:59:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time 7 (seven) days thereafter.
- Determination of Winners: Each Entrant must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements, and Dees reserves the right to screen all submitted entries to determine compliance with the Official Rules. By entering the Challenge Contest, You agree to be bound by the decisions of Dees. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Challenge or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. Dees will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the Official Rules or the Sweepstakes and Skill Contest, and Dees’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Challenge is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Dees, Dees reserves the right to terminate this Challenge or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Dees deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Dees and are final.
If due to a printing, production or any other error, more Prizes, as defined below, are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any particular Sweepstakes drawing or Skill Contest drawing, if applicable, the intended Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated Prize claims received for that drawing. In no event will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR SKILL CONTEST, THE TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, DEES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REPORT ANY CRIMINAL ACTIVITY TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Grand Prizes: One (1) prize (“Grand Prize” or “Prize”), with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) can be offered by a Participating Sponsor to eligible Challenge winner(s) for each Challenge Contest. Rick Dees or a guest host shall announce the actual Prize and its ARV at the same time that the announcement is made to register and enter each individual Challenge Contest. Only one Prize, per person, family, or household, will be awarded for the entire Term. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize for an alternate Prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, change or cash substitution of the Prize, when announced, is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors.Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each Prize winner, if applicable. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. In the event that a Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, the Sponsors will award a Prize of equal or greater value at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Shipping charges for any Prize will be paid by the Sponsors. However, all taxes, fees, and surcharges on Prizes are the sole responsibility of the respective winners, including completion of tax forms, unless prohibited by law. Actual Prize types, brands, and values shall be determined by, and are at the sole discretion of, the Sponsors. o Prize is derived in any way from entry fees of the Entrants.
- Publicity: By accepting the Prize, a winner consents to the use of his/her likeness, photograph, name or voice for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media worldwide for the Sponsors without additional compensation or notification (except where prohibited by law). Rick Dees may choose to telephone any winner during the recording of the Show, which will be broadcast at a later date.
- General Conditions: By entering the Challenge, You acknowledge Your compliance with the Official Rules including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with You. A proof of postage, text messaging or emailing does not constitute proof of delivery. The Sponsors, each participating affiliate radio station, and their affiliated companies will not be responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries as well as technical or human errors in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by the Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the telephone systems, Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Dees is also not responsible for injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or cell phone related to or resulting from playing, downloading or sending any materials in the Sweepstakes or Skill Contest. Dees reserves the right to cancel or modify the Challenge if fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, beyond the control of Dees, compromise the integrity of the Challenge as determined by Dees in its sole discretion. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted with the exception of entries via https://rick.com. These Official Rules and decisions shall be final and binding.
Dees reserves the right to disqualify any potential winning Entrant and deny this person any Prize if the potential winning Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria listed in these rules, does not have registration or any other documents completed correctly or cannot provide a valid U.S. driver’s license or state identification card or other proof of identification as required. Dees also reserves the right to change the rules and procedures at any time. ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. IF THE ENTRANT FAILS TO COMPLY WITH REQUESTED INFORMATION OR GIVES ANY FALSE INFORMATION, THE ENTRANT MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. The Challenge is intended only for participation in the U.S. Additionally, the Challenge is subject to all federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. The State of California shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversy regarding this Sweepstakes and Skill Contest, and the laws of the State of California shall prevail. Each Entrant waives any and all objection to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of these courts.
- Release of Liability: If for any reason the Challenge is not capable of proceeding as planned, due to and including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes, beyond the control of Dees, that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge Contest, Dees reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge Contest.
BY ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, THE WINNING ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE SPONSORS, AND ALL OF DEES ENTERTAINMMENT OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, DISTRIBUTORS, AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY THE WINNING ENTRANT(S) FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
- Winners List: In order to obtain a copy of the Official Rules, or where required by law, a list of winners (the “Winners List”), You can mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Weekly Top 40 Challenge Official Rules/Winners’ List, 3601 W. Olive Ave., Suite 130, Burbank, CA, 91505. The Winners Lists for each Challenge are retained for one calendar year from the date of the Challenge Contest. A copy of the Official Rules shall also be posted on www.rick.com.
- Sponsors: The Sponsors may be reached at the Weekly Top 40 Challenge Contest, 3601 W. Olive Ave., Suite 130, Burbank, CA, 91505.
- Name Removal: In order to remove your name from the Challenge database, please mail the Weekly Top 40 Challenge Contest, 3601 W. Olive Ave., Suite 130, Burbank, CA, 91505, and request that your name is removed.